Build Your Stage Confidence Workshop
Saturday, October 17, 2015, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm, $35
All Levels, Beginner – Advanced
Take a break from herculean tricks and work on building your stage persona. Travel beyond your comfort zone and learn how to intoxicate the audience with your personal style. We’ll experiment with tempo, eye contact, posture and moving with intent. Students will have the option of closing the class with a solo freestyle to their favorite song!
On deck for this workshop:
– Write about your performance goals
– Warm up
– Thoughtful entrances
– Hand, foot and eye placement (basic spins & climbs)
– Speed it up, slow it down (a simple combo of 3 moves done at different speeds)
– Put it all together!
– Shout outs & cool down
* ALL body types welcome
* Target audience: (1) novice students with little performance experience, and (2) stage veterans looking to polish their craft
* Required pole skills: basic spins and climbs (beginners welcome!)
NASM certified Roz “The Diva” Mays has dedicated many late nights at the gym to becoming a stronger and healthier athlete. Pole dancing is her sport of choice to teach, followed by TRX, strength & conditioning, flexibility and personal training. Among her finest contributions to the pole world has been creating Dangerous Curves: A Celebration of Plus Size Pole Dancers . Her talents have lead to a SAG membership for professional stunt work in Law and Order: SVU, The Big C and an Adam Sandler movie. She loves to teach obnoxiously loud classes at Body & Pole and Crunch in New York City. Recently, she was a featured performer on NBC’s America’s Got Talent, Season 10. When she isn’t half naked and sweaty, Diva’s usual making pancakes with Beyonce.